Paul and Cori

Things we love: cooking, photography, crocheting, reading, math and board games.

Friday, October 22, 2010

How long does it take to make 2 skirts? Days 3 & 4

Day 3:  Last night, I noticed that I skipped a stitch in the tree skirt. I unraveled it to that stitch and worked it again only adding on 1 extra row. As the rows are getting very long, I still feel like I accomplished something beneficial (also knowing that the missing stitch is now there makes the extra work worth it). Tonight (assuming Paul and I watch tv-lately we have been watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer) I will aim to finish the next color block section.

Day 4: Today was a wearable skirt day, all the way. I watched Stranger Than Fiction (including the deleted scenes) and I got a lot done. In fact, I only have 3-4 rows and the drawstring left to crochet! It needs 2 more scalloped rows of medium green, and 1-2 more dark green (depending on what I think looks better). I'm guessing it will be 1 row because each of the other dark green sections have only been one row.
The great thing about being this far along in both patterns is that I no longer have to read the patterns, I've had the rhythm down for quit some time. I can just watch something on tv and crochet, crochet, crochet. This is my favorite time in the project making process.

copyright: Cori 2010
copyright: Cori 2010









2 comments:

  1. That is my favorite part of a project as well, when you get that 'rhythm' down and you can just coast. :) The skirts look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so pretty. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete