Paul and Cori

Things we love: cooking, photography, crocheting, reading, math and board games.

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Toddler fun: Snow Paint!




Coming up with fun, cheap things for my crazy kid to do (2 years old) is both fun and challenging! I've had dried out markers sitting in a drawer for months waiting for an idea. Kat commandeered the lids for monster fingers. 

So when I thought of snow paint, I got very excited! It's simple, washable, non toxic, and fun! Oh, and cheap!
Just soak old markers in water until the tips turn white. I left mine for about a week because I was gone, they don't need that long- probably over night would work just fine! Or you can leave them there until the next snow. 



Transfer to old water bottles with a hole stabbed in the lid. I used an awl tool to poke one hole in the center of each lid. 

Then paint away! 


Of course the best part is jumping on the colored snow! 


I had 3 bottles and 5 colors, so when 2 ran out, I reloaded with a new color. Easy! 

What's next? Homemade play dough! 

No comments:

Post a Comment