Paul and Cori

Things we love: cooking, photography, crocheting, reading, math and board games.

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Thanksgiving Fever

I love, love, love Thanksgiving. What could be better than a holiday all about family and food!? No gift giving expected. Not that I don't enjoy giving loved ones gifts, I do very much.
Our friends, Jami and Sam, had Thanksgiving early this year, I made a pie. My very first pumpkin pie completely from scratch! Koleen and Mike grew the pumpkins in their garden, thanks so much you farmers!
copyright: Cori 2011


copyright: Cori 2011



 I made the crust, cooked and scooped the pumpkins, mixed the filling (with maple syrup and rice milk instead of evaporated milk!), baked it all in the oven, and took it to Jami's. Paul and I were the only ones who ate any, but I don't care, I can't wait to make another one for Thanksgiving :)
It is more squashy tasting than pumpkin from a can- more real. Nice, but next time I will spice it a little more heavy.
copyright: Cori 2011

copyright: Cori 2011

copyright: Cori 2011

copyright: Cori 2011

copyright: Cori 2011

copyright: Cori 2011

copyright: Cori 2011

copyright: Cori 2011

copyright: Cori 2011



Amy gets here so soon, so we can have our Thanksgiving full of family time, Mario Kart, tons of food and wine :) I can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment