Paul and Cori

Things we love: cooking, photography, crocheting, reading, math and board games.

Thursday, July 12, 2012

the smells of Baltimore

I've never lived anywhere that smells as much as Baltimore. Many of the smells come from the McCormick spice plant that is just down the road from us, but a lot of very distinct smells waft through the air here. Whether going to work at 4:30am, or driving into the city to pick up Paul from the train station, this whole Baltimore area is full of different smells, and I'm always shocked at how distinct they are. It's like the air says, "Today you will smell _______ clear as day, and that's all." Here are some of the more interesting things I've smelled:
sour cream and onion chips
copyright: Cori 2012
 watermelon
copyright: Cori 2012
 roasting marshmallows
copyright: Cori 2012

bacon
copyright: Cori 2012
Elmer's glue
copyright: Cori 2012
oatmeal
copyright: Cori 2012
hotdogs
copyright: Cori 2012
licorice
copyright: Cori 2012

There are more coming in "the smells of Baltimore 2" after I finish the rest of the pictures. I've been working on this for around 2 years, I couldn't wait any longer, but all my photos are not done yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment