Paul and Cori

Things we love: cooking, photography, crocheting, reading, math and board games.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

turkey it up

I think turkey may be my very favorite food! Paul and I were at the Joppatowne flea market Saturday, and we got 2 GIANT turkey legs from the Amish farmer's market there. On the way home we were discussing how to prepare them- something barbecue-y, but not with bbq sauce. My mind immediately remembered this mustard turkey recipe. I knew it was for grilling- which is not allowed at our apartment complex :( - so I figured we could just marinate the drumsticks in the sauce and cook them in the oven. I worked like a charm!  We had them with spicy fried potatoes (heat olive oil, add spices- cayenne, garlic powder, black pepper- fry potatoes until about half done, stir in chopped onions, fry until done- yum!) and green beans.
copyright: Cori 2011
copyright: Cori 2011

I will be talking much more about this flea market in the near future!

While Paul was in CA over Easter, I also bought a whole turkey because it was such an amazing deal- $.89/pound. We made it today. A whole week of turkey is not too much turkey for me- no sir! We love fresh herbs so much, that this summer we are starting an herb garden, and I decided to start it today- since we were going to be roasting the turkey. I bought a huge rosemary bush while I was at Home Depot with Angela. Stuffed the turkey with a great big handful, drizzled it with olive oil and sprinkled it with pepper. Let cook, while basting, for 4 hours (until 180) and voila! So yummy!
copyright: Cori 2011

copyright: Cori 2011

copyright: Cori 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment