Paul and Cori

Things we love: cooking, photography, crocheting, reading, math and board games.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

stir fry

When I got home from dropping Paul off at class, it sure smelled like "Chinese food" in here.

Roughly 3 vegetables, some sliced meat and sauce is really all you need to make a yummy stir fry. Paul is the King of stir fry sauces, so I love when we can stir fry together! Almost all the recipes I've seen for stir fry, that have garlic in them, have you add that to the hot oil first, but I never do it that way. I always fry the meat for a minute or two first, and then add the garlic. I find it browns too quickly in the oil by itself.

When I find chicken breast for $2 or under at the grocery store, I have to buy it. Next, I always seem to want stir fry.- yum, yum.

Today is garlic/ginger asparagus chicken stir fry!

Asparagus, carrots and water chestnuts accompany minced ginger and garlic, black pepper and sliced chicken breast in Paul's sauce- which is different every time. This time it was spicy, sweet and smelled like molasses. Made from soy sauce, sherry, sriracha, sage, garam masala- homemade by us, ground ginger, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and a little corn starch to help it stick.
copyright: Cori 2011
copyright: Cori 2011


copyright: Cori 2011


copyright: Cori 2011

copyright: Cori 2011

copyright: Cori 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment