Paul and Cori

Things we love: cooking, photography, crocheting, reading, math and board games.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas cookie

Paul and Amy put cookie cutters in my stocking this Christmas. Plus, Amy got me a new hand mixer, so I had to make cookies.
copyright: Cori 2010

copyright: Cori 2010

copyright: Cori 2010

copyright: Cori 2010

copyright: Cori 2010
These cookies are from What's to Eat, a dairy- nut- and egg-free cookbook, Paul's sister, Sara, got for us a few years ago. Water, oil and baking powder take over for the egg and they also have a little orange juice in them. They are good, I think next time I will be sure to have sprinkles.
The dough is pretty sticky, I refrigerated it for a bit after it was mixed, then made sure not to roll it too hard (or grab it too forcefully at all) and always kept my surface, the rolling pin, and the dough heavily floured. I also used a spatula to transfer the cookies onto the cookie sheet.
Hope everyone's Christmas was as jolly as mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment