Paul and Cori

Things we love: cooking, photography, crocheting, reading, math and board games.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

cookies! oatmeal

It has been a long time since I've baked anything. It's so much harder in the summer when it's already hot. Just knowing that the oven will make things more hot makes my plans of baking take longer to be executed. Yesterday, though, I really wanted cookies, so a baking I did go.
I've been looking for a new oatmeal cookie recipe for a while. I like making large cookies, and mine were turning out very thin and flat. I needed something that stayed more cookie shaped. I tried Grandma's oatmeal cookies, and they turned out great! This recipe has more cinnamon and vanilla than my old one, and the fat is all shortening. The extra cinnamon really made them taste great!
copyright: Cori 2011

copyright: Cori 2011

copyright: Cori 2011

copyright: Cori 2011



I hate oatmeal cookie recipes that are mostly flour and only about 1 1/2 cups of oats. My old recipe used 3 cups of oats and 1 1/2 cups of flour, which is what I loved about it. This recipe is the same way, they really are OATmeal cookies :)  The recipe called for raisins and nuts, but of course Paul can't eat nuts and we aren't really huge fans of raisins. I added some dried cranberries to some of them to see how they would taste. They don't particularly add anything super special, but they make them look pretty. Next time, I want to try dried cranberries and chocolate chips in them- that sounds like a COOKIE!

copyright: Cori 2011
copyright: Cori 2011


copyright: Cori 2011

1 comment:

  1. So glad you found a good oatmeal cookie recipe. The last one I tried was too hard and crunchy. I am going to have to give these a try... but I will have to wait till it gets colder out, I hate baking in the summer. Or I can try in someone else's oven.

    ReplyDelete